Minä Perhonen


OK so I need to go to Tokyo, like now.

I just discovered the charming textiles of Minä Perhonen, and as far as I can tell, they are not sold anywhere here in the US.

Unforgettable Moment
 

Frame

Multi Stripe

Star Trip


Twins

Look

Sky Flower
Letter of Flower

How awesome are these?  They would look so badass on anything from an antique french settee to an iconic MCM chair like these:


Minä Perhonen + Fritz Hansen


I just love the composition of the textiles- they look like pieces of art; with visible stroke lines and clearly handmade illustrations.  And the fact the the patterns aren't uniform feels really unexpected and exciting.  Yes, I just admitted that textiles excite me.  They're like chili for my eyes.

The designs also feel youthful and vibrant; they have just the right amount of whimsy without being kitschy, don't you think?

About the Company: Minä Perhonen is a fashion/textile company by designer Akira Minagawa.  The brand name is Finnish, and translates to "I butterfly".  According to Minagawa's description, "Just like the species of butterflies are countless, the designs too continue to increase."  

Bring 'em on!  And let them butterflies spread their wings westward- preferably to Brooklyn, thaaaanks.



I like all these fabrics, but you see, I LIKE LIKE this one:

Galileo

I need it.  And I'd totally try to copy it and make it myself but I just know I'd never have the resolve to make that many stars.  Plus, as with most art in general, that shit is harder than it looks (unless you're this girl).  It would totally look like ass if I tried.

But this fabric is quickly becoming a crucial element to my office area renovation plans.  And when I set my mind on something, there will be NO substitutions.

So now I either need to brush up on my Japanese and make some phone calls, or bribe a Geisha.  But hey, if you're planning a trip to Tokyo be a doll and message me, will ya?  I am totally willing to bribe non-Geishas too.


And for the record, I'm sure there are tons of other things to do and see in Tokyo as well.

Riot on!


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...